Saturday, May 10, 2008

Shouldn't have said "puke".

Cuz Emma woke up, and did. But she was fine! Just excited!!!

We went downtown to see him. Oh...my...hell... for many many reasons.

We got there, and realized we were just in time, AND in the right place, to watch him get out of the limo. I was so excited, so I grabbed my trusty camera, with it's all charged up battery, and empty memory card. I get it out, to prepare, and it won't turn on. Yes, that's right ladies, and maybe gents, the freakin camera is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost had a nervous breakdown. Of all the shops around me, none of them sold cameras, and besides, I had three kids, in tow, and didn't want to lose my super excellent spot.

So I just took them with my phone, and now, I can't get them off...my phone. Seriously. It keeps telling me, "not avail able bearer". And the fact that it's an AT&T phone, just kills me. I got some GREAT shots, for a camera phone. *rolling eyes* So I'm working on the pictures. But here is a video I found on utube. I'm actually in it, if you have a magnifying glass, know exactly where I am, and recognize, the top of my head, arm, and hand-holding up my phone to take a picture. :) Actually, if you follow the bald guy(his body guard) I am "behind" his head, I'm there and then he walks by and blocks my head, then I appear again. Ya right, tell me if you see me!! But this video, TOTALLY captured the WHOLE event-and I mean the screaming...


I found another one, that captures, the "wait" for him to get out, ! It was really funny. And it's from the other side of the street, so a different vantage point! Oh, and take note, the screaming, was when the Idol camera popped out of the limo!! So freakin funny!




It was pretty funny! Poor Jack had butts in his face, for like an hour. He was a good sport though. Happy go lucky, as per usual. We never got to see Daivid, to get his autograph, but saw him up close, driving by, flashing that smile!! Emma was SO sad, she didn't get him to sign her shirt. Cried, and cried, and cried-as per her usual drama queen self. :) But when we were heading out, we saw a reporter from our fox affiliate. So I went up to her, and said, wanna get a sad angle?? HAHA...of course she did!! So Emma and I were on a live report around noon time! So funny. I have a friend who has it on Ti vo, and is putting it on a DVD for me! LOVE HER!! So hopefully, I can share it with you guys soon! So Emma left happy, cuz she got to tell david, on LIVE TV, how much she liked him! It was SO cute!

Unfortunately, there were LOTS of grumpy, "I was here first", and "Can I go find my 'kids'". I swear people are idiots. Just be happy and enjoy the moment. sheesh. The poor securtiy guards. I thought one was gonna have a coronary!

My favorite part was just the look on David's face. I got tearing, just knowing how much it meant to him, and his Mom, who was with him. I got to talk to her, for a minute! It was SO crazy!!! If you watch ALL the coverage, for Fox 13, you've seen David get teary too! I can't wait to see what Idol shows!

So I had to go get a disposable camera, for the stuff at the high school. I got one, the proceeds, dgo to breast cancer research. I figured, at least I could do SOME good, with my loser camera! ;) But of course, no I have to get THOSE developed. It never ends... I'm shooting for today, to take them to costco. On the bright side, It will be a surprise, to see what pictures I took!! *rolling eyes*

The high school stuff was so fun! Just to atmosphere. It was a little discombobulated. But still cool!!! Nick and Parker came, cuz I made them. Nick was sitting there all "teenage being forced to do someting" grumpy, and made a snide comment, towards, the screaming girls. I told him to quit it, and then said, "What, don't care, but didn't want to miss it??", he just grinned. It was funny!

I have to say, maybe it was where we sat, but the crowd was generally kinder, at the high school. Don't get me wrong, still tons of idiots, maybe I just didn't come face to face with any. :) I think since it was a bigger area, the screaming wasn't as deafening, and the people not a squished. SO that made it better, and nicer!!

Emma had a blast! Got a little tired of waiting towards the end, but overall GREAT! as we were walking out to walk home, we saw the limo, just sitting there. So we waited for him to come out! SO FUN! but in the process, Emma dropped her shirt, and some greddy brat, stole it. She was SO SAD, dried and dried, again...rightfully so, and then said! "Now I have NOTHING to remember David!!" Oh my... BUT, while I was asking my friend if there were more shirts, cuz some dufus stole Emma's her son said, "Here, she can have MINE! I have another one at home!" How cute is that?!?!?!?

I'll post the pictures when I can get them all!! But here's one to tide you over.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I SAW YOU!!!! How funny I can't wait to see what they show on AI!!

Anonymous said...

I missed the noon one. I specifically looked for you, but during the night ones. How fun and exciting! Go Emma!